If you are pressed for time or want to make the most of a weekend break, this tour will let you experience some of the most popular sections of the trail. There are lots of viewpoints, cafés, picnic spots, breweries, wineries and galleries, giving you good reason to make frequent stops.
Possible itinerary, you could choose any two of these routes -
Nelson to Mapua (35kms), Kaiteriteri to Mapua (up to 43kms), Mahana and Moutere winery route (25 – 37kms), Nelson to Wakefield (and Spooner’s tunnel) 35-44Kms.
• One night’s accommodation in 4 and 4+ star boutique accommodation with breakfast
• Two days trail bike, helmet, puncture repair kit and hi viz vest hire.
• A souvenir water bottle
• A choice of day pannier bags or touring pannier bag
• Luggage transfers with baggage allowance of up to 2 bags per person
(max weight 15Kgs per bag)
• Route maps and bespoke route notes to help you discover hidden gems
and other places of interest.
• One way ferry ticket to Rabbit Island
• Bike transfers as required
• Discount vouchers for local restaurants and cafes
• 10% discount of any Wheelie Fantastic cycle clothing
• A dedicated tour manager and support service throughout the duration of your tour
• Airport pick up and drop off if you want your tour to start or finish at the airport.
• Price: $475 per person. Solo traveller and children under 12 POA Prices are per person based on two people sharing, with 2 days self-guided rides.
See also what other upgrades you could enjoy:
• Exclusive luxury accommodation (package from $775pp)
• Premium Plus - Accommodation in unique locations and high quality accommodation
• A day or more in the Abel Tasman National Park. This can be added in to your itinerary as an
extra day or it can replace a cycling day. Cruise, walk and/or kayaking combinations available.
• Gourmet rendezvous picnic lunches or packed lunches can be arranged
• Private wine tastings
• Extra cycling days
• Enjoy a guided day ride with one of our experienced guides who can help you explore
hidden gems of the region on a back road adventure